Everyone is expecting decent opportunities in the form of experience as-a-service, with the evolving incorporation of technologies in the world of mobile. They are raising questions on the abilities of typical mobile apps while imploring a clear demand for a personalized experience.
Dispersion of this can be that mobile apps have begun embracing the capacities of AI to eventually emerge as Intelligent apps. Now you might be curious to know what are intelligent apps, so let’s see below.
What are Intelligent Apps?
Intelligent applications are built with AI and analytic technologies. The AI part is a combination of Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and deep learning. In addition, it is powered by data analytics, robotics, expert systems, and much more. Altogether the app acts intelligently with the feedback gained from the user or the surrounding environment.
Intelligent mobile apps are essentially AI-enabled applications that provide a rich, adaptive, and personalized user experience. These apps incorporate the power of predictive and prescriptive analytics, consumer data, cutting-edge technologies, and operational data with application development tools and the latest user-centric design to make a high-end user experience. As we have covered what are intelligent apps, let’s have a glimpse on the intelligent apps examples to understand them better.
Intelligent App examples
ELSA Speak is one of the popular Artificial Intelligence apps that assist users to learn English quickly and effectively. The application has a documented down test designed by the professionals which facilitate users to learn and speak English fluently in a smaller period. Furthermore, this Android and iOS app enable them to proceed further by keeping a track of their progress.
Microsoft’s Cortana is one of the best Intelligent apps that is altering our lives. The personal assistant app proposes different features and functionalities to users, such as setting reminders, keeping track of important files and documents, getting insight into weather forecasts, etc.
An AI-powered keyboard, SwiftKey Keyboard which auto-corrects your wrong text. Moreover, the app also proposes features like design, changing font colour, style, theme, etc, and enhancing your conversation by suggesting emojis.
Socratic is an AI-based intelligent application that simplifies the learning process as it is introduced by Google. The application authorized students to inquire or ask questions either by asking verbally or by taking a photo of questions. The app itself comes up with an optimal question and answer sections, including YouTube videos, and links of the blog, which makes the process of studying quicker and simpler.
Hound is also another perfect example of how Artificial Intelligence in mobile apps can simplify your life. The app seizes voice commands to execute different actions such as getting familiar with the best hotel, restaurant, or doctors.
Another fascinating feature of this i-app is that it translates speech to text and vice-versa.
IRIS, an example of the execution of artificial intelligence in mobile apps for adequate services. It is developed by Paint Technology Solutions. An intelligent reporting Android and iOS app for team leaders, managers, and co-workers of any specific project. The application allows them to get access to the report of any team member. And the favourable part is that multiple users can access the same document at the same time and that too from distinct sync devices.
FaceApp is also another application that uses Neural and AI network technology to build freaky, hilarious, most realistic face transformations.
Youper is an easy computing Artificial intelligence app that caters to health and fitness issues and accessible on both Android and iOS. The application is established on cognitive behavioural therapy, motivates users to share their social phobia and get real-time stimulating advice. In this way, it enhances their social interactions and lifestyle effectively.
Flo is yet an i-app that is mainly used in the process of photo and video editing. The app appears with a built-in voice assistant that facilitates users to give a voice command regarding which footage to pick, and on what basis (based on date, location, or tags). And eventually, incorporate them optimally with high-quality music.
The application also assigns Machine learning algorithms that provide options like choosing the best moments, locations, detecting faces, etc. Now, let’s look at the features that make these apps prominent.
Benefits of Intelligent Apps
There are numerous benefits of using a modern intelligent app to ease your work and add value to your business. Let’s check it out step-by-step.
- Action-oriented – The major factor of i-apps is that these applications do not wait for users to make every move. Instead, they study user behaviour and provide personalized and actionable outcomes using the power of Predictive Analytics. In this way, they cut down the conflict of users and urge them to seize desired actions.
The great example to understand this trait of Intelligent applications is Hound app. It indicates the best nearby restaurants, hotels, and more in real-time. This provides users with a push towards making a booking, which probably would not have been possible if they were asked to search manually.
- Data-driven– The power source of Intelligent apps is data; it is truly dependent on it. Data is an essential part of I-apps, as data serves as the warehouse of information. The I-apps collect data from various sources like websites, mobile apps, IoT sensors, user interaction, etc., & analyze and organize them, thus giving a more immeasurable user experience. One of the key features of Intelligent apps is delivering a data-driven output. The intelligent apps collect information from different sources like be it IoT sensors, websites, mobile apps, beacons, etc., and examine it in real-time. An outcome of which is that you get the exact results for almost everything when asked.
- Contextual– Intelligent mobile apps survey users’ behaviour and preferences, they easily distinguish between which data is appropriate and vice versa. Because of this, these apps furnish highly contextual and suitable data and recommendations to users. Furthermore, they inform users about the problems they might face relying on their modern situation. An instance of this would be Cleo application, an AI-powered budgeting app that evaluates people’s expenditures and notifies them of their spending abilities. On the other hand, the cost of a Cleo like the app is relatively high.
- Adaptive in nature– Since thousands of users will use the app, the expectation of adaptability is obvious. Every user’s mind-set is different, so their use. The versatility of the apps plays a significant role. The use of machine learning helps the application adopt some common points that most users act similar actions to provide a better user experience. Supported by Machine learning algorithms, these apps are adaptive. They can effortlessly promote their knowledge as per their surroundings.
- Exclusion of keyboard inputs- Since providing high comfort is a core objective of i-apps, these applications also stimulate the opportunity to provide commands without using keyboards. It means that these apps respond to commands offered in the form of speech, image, gesture movement, etc. These apps work smartly, responding to the users’ voice, images, gesture movement, etc. that helps the hassle-free user experience.
- Omnichannel– Last but not least, transmitting an Omnichannel experience is also one of the fundamental features of Intelligence apps.
- Responsive– The app should be responsive, and it is the primary factor for getting better user engagement. Users are the best source of information that an app can get. The user input form could be anything like text, photo, or voice. That’s why the app should be highly responsive to understand users’ inputs, needs, and behavior for a better user experience. Intelligent apps are very responsive because of AI and machine learning algorithms.
- Cross-Platform Functionality– Being a smart app, it should have the ability to understand common actions and process the desired output. Also, it should have cross-platform functionality. Here, Artificial intelligence comes into the picture that manages, organizes, and processes the outcome that provides the same user experience on a cross-platform.
- Context-sensitive- As we know, intelligent apps use users’ behaviors and preferences. Based on that, I-apps quickly identify which data is suitable for the user and contrariwise.
- Save time and money– Intelligent apps save users’ time and money also on a certain level. These apps are powered by AI and machine learning, which understand users’ behavior, and based on that, it suggests the action the user should take. This functionality can save users’ time, and also it stops them from making a wrong decision.
- Helps in business decisions – I-apps work smartly, as they understand the user’s behavior and store the data in the backend and provide real-time data and analytics. These data and analytics can help business owners decide what they should do to increase sales and generate more revenue.
The process of development of Intelligent app comes up with:-
- Strong development possibilities with new DevOps and Paas techniques
- Continuous relevance of data
- Delivery of insights in an Omnichannel environment
As we have talked about what are intelligent apps and everything about the model of strengthening intelligent mobile apps, the process is vastly progressive and challenging. It is often better to employ a tech mobility professional to taste the future of mobile applications, i.e, intelligent apps.